September 30th, October 1st, Dallas Texas.
A-WOW International Girls Leadership Initiative (A-WOW IGLI) will host its Annual Mentoring Symposium “The Core of Your Choices” on September 30 - October 1, 2011. A-WOW IGLI is a global, female-based initiative that prepares girls, ages 16-21, to assume active leadership roles in their community and global society.
This ultimate mentoring symposium is a two-day retreat of empowerment, enrichment and education. It will provide a unique, cross-cultural learning experience via lectures, workshops and team-building exercises that will focus on Making Choices, Leadership Skills, Self-Empowerment, Health, and Community Services.
The Symposium will be a gathering of influential experts, prominent individuals, emerging business and community leaders who will provide professional expertise, and guidance of what it takes to be a successful leader in a competitive and globalizing world.
This event promises to promote, spotlight, and amplify the work and leadership skill of each participating youth and will serve as a catalyst for A-WOW IGLI to continue developing its mentoring programs geared towards cultivating the next generation of innovative leaders. The opportunity will prove to be life changing and have a lasting effect.
The Cornerstone House
1825 South Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75215
Friday September 30th
- 07:00 - 07:30 pm : Reception & Registration (participants’ arrival)
- 07:30 - 08:00 pm : Orientation, Rules & Regulation (Parents & Participants required)
- 08:00 - 08:45 pm : Workshop: Frowsa Booker-Drew -“You’re Always Learning”
- 08:45 - 09:45 pm : A-WOW IGLI - Moments of Reflections - "Throbac"
- 09:45 - 10:30 pm : Me Time
- 10:30 - 10:30 pm : Good night - lights Out
“The Core of Your Choices”
- 07:00 - 07:30 am : Supervised morning walk - daily journal
- 08:30 - 09:30 am : Breakfast by Chef Maxine
- 09:30 - 10:30 am : IGLI Leaders (each participant will speak for ten minutes on the subjects provided)
- 10:30 - 11:15 am : Breakout session: Lenora Kizzee -“Knowing What To Do Isn’t the Same as Doing It”
- 11:15 - 11:30 am : Break
- 11:30 - 12:30 pm : Guest Speaker: Choice Nelson - “The Core of Your Choices”
- 12:30 - 01:30 pm : Lunch by Chef Maxine
- 01:30 - 02:30 pm : A-WOW IGLI Leader’s and Introduction of their A-WOW Junior Mentees
- 02:30 - 03:15 pm : Introduction of A-WOW Cultural Exchange Program
- 03:15 - 04:00 pm : Break
- 04:00 - 04:15 pm : A-WOW Leaders (one on one session with personal mentors)
- 04:15 - 04:45 pm : Evaluation- Reflections of A-WOW
- 04:45 - 04:45 pm : Dimissal